What are the symptoms of Sleep APNOEA?
People affected by Sleep Apnoea are often unaware that they have the condition. However, as their sleep is disrupted they usually begin to experience symptoms during the day, and a partner may witness an apnoea or point out other symptoms that occur at night.
- Constant tiredness
- Lack of energy
- Lack of concentration
- Snoring (although not everyone who snores has sleep apnoea)
- Frequent awakenings during the night
- Difficulties with breathing
- Feeling unrested after sleep
- Gasping, choking or snorting
- during sleep
- Irritability or change in personality
- Excessive urination at night (nocturia)
- Morning headaches
- Dry mouth on waking
Information source: NHS Direct Online Health Encyclopedia, 2005