Baxter Sterile Water for Irrigation Plastic Bag - 2000ml
Sold as Each
Water for Irrigation is indicated as a general irrigating solution for washing and rinsing of body cavities, indwelling urethral catheter, or an alternative washing solution for wounds during a minor surgical procedure.
For these indications the user should be aware that a fraction of the Water for Irrigation may enter systemic circulation.
- Water for Irrigation should not be used for injection
- Its entry into systemic circulation via open blood vessels during a surgical procedure causes haemolysis
- Thus, the use of this product during a major surgical procedure, or in a procedure where significant amounts may be absorbed, is contraindicated
- Do not use unless the solution is clear and the seal intact
- Water for Irrigation is hypotonic with osmolarity of zero mOsmol/L, because it does not contain any added substance
- Caution should be exercised as significant amounts of the water for irrigation may enter into the systemic circulation via opened blood vessels, in a surgical procedure or during irrigation associated with urological surgery
- Entry of hypotonic solution into systemic circulation may lead to haemolysis. Isotonic solutions do not cause haemolysis
- Haemolysis may lead to renal tubular obstruction by haemoglobin and acute renal failure
- An expansion of the intravascular fluid may result in a disturbance of the fluid and electrolyte balance including hyponatraemia, and cardiovascular/pulmonary disorders, such as congestive heart failure and peripheral oedema
- Thus, patients undergoing surgery should have their cardiovascular status, kidney function and electrolyte balance carefully assessed before and after using Water for Irrigation
- Methods of assessing fluid absorption include continuous monitoring of the patient's weight and/or serum sodium during and after the operation
Please note: Suitable for use with the MyAIRVO 2 and FP900PT561 Heated circuit including MR290 autofill chamber.