Flocare ENFit™ Gastrostomy Tube (G-Tube) - Yellow - 20fg
Sold per Pack of 2
The Flocare® Gastrostomy Tube (G-Tube) is a silicone balloon catheter that is ENFit compatible and designed for long-term gastric feeding. The placement of a gastrostomy tube is indicated for long-term gastric feeding and/or stomach decompression.
- Latex and DEHP-free materials
- Quick release clamp to assist with control of flow during bolus feeding (i.e to prevent backflow of gastric contents/feed)
- ENFit patient end connection
- Range of sizes suitable for adults and children
- As a replacement tube in a previously established stoma
- Follow the Flocare ENFitTM G-tube guidelines on placement and daily care.
- Follow hygiene rules when handling feed, tubes and feeding sets.
- Flush the tube before and after feed and medication administration, at least 3 times a day.
- Colour of the balloon inflation port indicates Charriere size; the balloon filling volume is printed on the tube shaft and the inflation port: Green: CH14 Balloon – contents: 5ml, Red: CH18 Balloon – contents: 10ml, Yellow: CH20 Balloon – contents: 15ml.
- Fill the G-Tube balloon with water via the balloon inflation port. A 10ml Leur Eccentric Syringe can be used to connect to this port and inflate the balloon.
- Balloon inflation should be maintained at recommended volume as per manufacturer instructions to prevent inadvertent dislodgement, unnecessary gastric leakage and other stoma site complications. Frequency of balloon volume checks should be conducted as per advice from a healthcare professional.
Note: Gastrostomy tubes should not be placed in the presence of an infected stoma site, ascites or peritoneal carcinoma.